Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Where there's a will there's a way

So I mentioned in my past few posts I haven't been feeling well.

After 2 appointments this past Thursday and convinced they were going to lock me up in a looney bin (humor is my way to shake off fear), I had a few ultra sounds and examine by my doctor. After dicussion the decision is.... surgery.

Puddles in my eyes. I had panic, fear, relief, questions, more pain.... LOTS to take in.

October 25th will be the big surgery day.

They will be removing a cyst that has been hangin on (literally) for about 5 to 6 months and meds just don't seem to do the trick. They will be possibly removing the ovary. In addition to examining for enedemetriosis, looking at my appendix/ gull bladder because of the sever pain on my right side.

So what does this mean now... lots of reasarch and MORE things to do lists are being made. I love my lists but now they are growing faster than ever. 

Spooky week as you may or may not know is my MOST favorite week at home. I have carried this tradition for 5 years now to cook spooky meals throughout the week of Halloween. We have so much fun with it and its been getting bigger each year to where I take "reservations" and we have friends join. This surgery isn't going to hold me down.... just more to plan ahead for.

I will be making about 5 to 8 meals ahead of time so they can be on hand for the few immediate days of recovery.

Lot's more to absorb and think through but where there's a will there's a way. Im going to get through this surgery and enjoy one of my most favorite months and still be the happy Mummabear every second of the way. Stressed, afraid, and so many more thoughts inside BUT smile are contagious and I also strongly believe that the way you feel and let yourself act impacts your health. So I am one happy go lucky Mumma (wink, wink that needs some acting classes I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment