Friday, September 6, 2013

All For The Smiles

In less than 36hrs we will be hosting Stinkers 4th birthday party at the house. This is our 1st party at this house (we moved last September) this is also his first party at a house (we have done a park and the zoo but never house party for him). My "Things To Do" lists have been going for MONTHS. Yes don’t worry you aren’t seeing things. I said months....
An edited version of the front and back of the invites/ tickets I created for the party!
You know me the planner-worker-be how did this party come about:
  1. I saw a Groupon in January for an outdoor movie screen (snagged it and set the theme "Drive-In Movie Party)
  2. In March and April I started to research ideas for decorations, projects, invites, food...
  3. I made all invites in July/August
  4. Started printing pictures for centerpieces and cupcake tower about 4 weeks ago
  5. Bought all candy and made the concession stand 3 weeks ago
  6. Made all of the thank you gifts last week
  7. Premade some BIG ice cubs and blocks of frozen lemonade for the beverage station couple nights ago (this way we aren't running through bags of ice or watering down drinks)
  8. Prescooped the ice cream last night!
Posters I made. The top sign for the front of the house to direct people to the backyard and the 2nd sign was ideas I found of "cars". That sign will go on the car supplies table with the cardboard boxes, paper, glue, and other supplies.
I can go on, but you get the point.... we are ready (ok no not yet I have about 1 page of things to do tonight and tomorrow morning).

So I move on.... WHY? Why do I do this? That's easy... I do it for the smiles!!!

By no means do I feel like we spoil our kids. Almost everything at this party is handmade (took hours to make, but didn't cost much at all). I am not making it a competition to outdo anyone elses party. I am not trying to earn "Best Mom Award" and throw a party everyone will talk about for years to come. I do it for the smiles. I know my kids best and at each party the little elements I include are for them it's that simple.

Hidden Elements for this party:
  • Hot dogs (Stink is a picky eater but Hot Dogs are something he doesn't hesitate to eat)
  • Chips (well everyone likes chips)
  • Popcorn (I hate it but he loves it)
  • Candy and more candy (Enough said)
  • Concession Stand (He loves to play pretend. Let's pretend we are really at the movies...why not!)
  • Making the cars (He loves pretending, I can visualize him now with all his friends in cars sitting together)
  • Pictures and more pictures (most of the decorations have pictures. Once again that is for him. He loves to see himself as a baby and hear stories)
  • Cupcakes (I chose cupcakes to serve and prescooped the ice cream so I too can enjoy the party. It's that simple)
With that said, my checklists are calling my name and I must continue on. Stay tuned for the pictures and party recap!

*** Check out how the party turned out here ***

No comments:

Post a Comment