Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Homemade Croutons

With many leftover hot dog buns from Stinkers 4th Birthday party; I had to get creative to reuse the leftovers.

I made a few batches of homemade croutons thinking it would be PERFECT for Fall Season fresh salads and in soups.



Homemade Croutons
I researched a few recipes and mixed and matched to make my own. Below measurements are just esitmates but that is part of the fun of making something like this. It doesnt have to be perfect!

Ingredients:
  • 2 packages of hot dog buns (chopped up)
  • 2 tsp Garlic Salt
  • 1 tsp Onion Powder
Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 375° F.
  2. Cut the buns into small pieces (about 1inch). Place on a baking sheet lined aluminum foil.
  3. Drizzle with the butter, sprinkle with salt and the herbs. Bake, turning and mixing on occasion to crisp all ends for about 10-15min/ until golden and crispy.
  4. Let cool completely and transfer in a resealable plastic bag/ container. I've read you can store them for about 5 to 7 days in fridge OR you can freezer for up to 3 months. We haven't gotten that far but I did try some the past couple of days and so far I'm very pleased.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment