Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Best Medicine

The first weekend in MONTHS we truly had no plans. That's not to say we didn't have opportunities to do something (boating, shopping, and friend get together) but at least we didn't HAVE to go anywhere. My body must've known because since this past Friday evening for the past 36hrs I have been a pretty much a helpless Mummabear laying on the couch trying to rest and ease the pain of an unexpected cyst. I can normally push them off and hide the pain but there comes a time when sometimes it actually weakens me to my knees and that's pretty much where I decided that a TLC weekend was in the future. My laundry list of things to do is growing but the truth is all of it can wait! I'm taking this as a piece to my puzzle God was telling me to slow down. Last night hubby went out with some friends while me and the munchkins searched through Netflix and stumbled upon a Golden Christmas (movie about puppies and Christmas). Yes, it's only September but something you must know is that Christmas lasts all year round in this house. More importantly, giggling watching the puppies play and in return me and the boys cuddling and relaxing together was the PERFECT medicine for me! Today it's Sunday. I still have slight pain but nothing compared to the last 24hrs. I'm on the road to recovery and diagnosed myself with no need to go into urgent care/ the Dr. I just need blankets, cuddles, and lots of hugs and kisses (ok and a little motrin and heating pad). So what's your secret medicine when you have pains or aren't feeling well?

Don't mind the shirtless boys we were all ready for bed in pjs but this is my crew trying to make me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment